photo header_zps5sehmdff.jpg

Monday 11 January 2016

How I do my eyebrows ♡



♡♡



 As you may know I asked you guys (my followers) what my first blog post should be about and there were some great ideas and I will hopefully get around to all of them, but the most requested one seemed to be how I do my eyebrows. I will try and explain in as much detail as I can, but there's only so much I can show with words and pictures unfortunately.





For my eyebrows themselves I use a combination of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. There is a lot of buzz about both of these products and once I received and used them I was converted. Admittedly I was a little skeptical at first but I am SO glad I ordered them (along with #12 brush) as they really are amazing. Easy to apply, lasts literally all day and just looks great! I got mine both in the shade 'Medium Brown' I am going to be honest when I first ordered these products I wasn't sure on what shade to get, because obviously I have very light hair but I also have very dark roots and I don't want my eyebrows to look too different to my root colour. Upon buying these products and trying them in lots of different ways, I have decided I will be ordering a different shade next time I purchase some more, just because the medium brown shade I feel is just a little too dark to me and I can't actually find many ways of making it appear lighter without ruining my brows all together. So I'm thinking with a lighter shade I can either use a combination of the two colours to create a more natural shade. To highlight and make my brows really stand out I use Benefits High Brow Glow pencil. I find this works really wow to underline my brows and sharpen them up a little bit. I use it in the shade Champagne Pink as I think it also really compliments any eyeshadow I wear. I find this product really great as again it lasts all day and is really easy to apply. To be honest, it hasn't lasted as long as I would have hoped but maybe I was using a little too much.

♡♡

Step 1.
 To start with I brush my brows all over with the spooley end of my ABH #12 brush just to get them into a rough shape. I focus a little more on the inner ends, brushing them upwards to separate the shorter hairs for when I apply the pomade (sorry for the crappy pictures, it was surprisingly hard to get a picture of this)




Step 2.
 I get a small amount of pomade (with this product a little bit goes along way) I leave the first part of my brow to create a more natural look and I think it looks less harsh like this. I simply follow the line of my arch and hair creating the shape I would like.



Step 3.
 I then fill from the top of my brow and drag to brush downwards and then upwards following the line of my hair to fill in my brow. The #12 angled brush is the best brush I have found to do this because it has super soft bristles that mimic real hair and create the best look.





Step 4.
 I then use the spooley end of the brush again to blend and make everything look pretty and even.



Step 5.
 I now use the brow wiz to fill in the any gaps and add a bit more colour. Then I use the spooley end to fluff them up again and just make them look how I want them to.







Step 6.
 I now use Benefit's high brow glow to underline and highlight my brows. Starting from the inner corner with a very thin line under my brows and then getting thicker as I get to the arch to give them more definition.








And that is how I create my eyebrow look. I'm aware this won't be everyone's cup of tea but this is how I like to do my eyebrows and I find this is the best way for me.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/make-up/brows/anastasia-beverly-hills-brow-wiz.html

Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/make-up/brows/anastasia-beverly-hills-dipbrow-pomade.html

Anastasia Beverley Hills #12 Brush - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/make-up/brows/anastasia-beverly-hills-large-synthetic-duo-brow-brush-12.html

Benefit High Brow Glow - https://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/high-brow-glow






If you would like to know anything else about how I do my brows then feel free to leave a comment on this post or you can email me at makeupbymol@hotmail.com

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my first post and feel free to give me some suggestions/ideas for the next one! I am thinking of doing my everyday face look for my next post ♡

Lots of love from, 

Mol xo





2 comments:

  1. Love your blog ❤️ Your makeup also looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just seen this, but thank you so much! Xx

      Delete